100% FREE SHIPPING on all Bubble orders over $35.00. Our Bubble Rolls with 1-3 Day Delivery for most of the USA.
- Small Bubble 3/16" WrapShop now >
- Medium Bubble 5/16"Shop now >
- Large Bubble 1/2" WrapShop now >
- Colored & Anti-StaticShop now >
- Kraft Bubble RollsShop now >
Smart ways to use Bubble Cushioning Wrap:
1. Shipping & Packing. Bubble is the ideal way to protect your valuables from getting damaged during transportation.
2. Protect produce! Keep fruits and veggies from getting bruised and going bad too quickly by lining the bottom of your refrigerator bins with bubble wrap. Bonus: No more wiping down bins-just replace the wrap every few weeks!
3. Trendy Style secret! Sponge painting? That's so yesterday! For the latest texturing technique, coat the surface of bubble wrap with paint and press onto any surface you like-from a wooden dresser to the wall!
4. Nifty bath pillow! For a more relaxing soak, take a few sheets of bubble wrap, fold them into a pillow shape and tape together. Voila-a waterproof cushion; just unwrap and let dry to reuse!
5. Pop away stress! Popping the bubbles has been proven to dispel anger, stress and tension.
For volume/bulk pricing and lower LTL rate quotes call 800-878-7703 or fill out the form here.
The Many Uses for Bubble Cushioning Rolls
The popularity and different uses for the bubble roll have been steadily increasing ever since the invention in 1957. Today, bubble roll is used in many different industries but the primary use as a protective agent has stayed the same. The evolution of the bubble roll has resulted in the creation of many different versions of the original design, which include a variety of sizes and grades. To receive the ultimate benefit from bubble roll, it is imperative to determine which type and grade are ideal for your specific packing or shipping needs. We hope this article sheds some light on the different uses for the bubble cushioning roll and our moving packaging experts welcome your calls if more information is needed.
What types of Bubble Roll to Use
While the average consumer uses the standard bubble rolls wrap there are many other specialty bubble rolls designed to maximize the protection especially for packing of items in uncommon shapes or sizes. Selecting the right bubble roll wrap not only reduces the risk of damages but also it could save time and money. The following list is an example of the different grades of the bubble rolls.
- Strong Bubble Roll – Ideal in packing and transfer of heavier items, the strong or high-grade bubble cushioning roll is manufactured with more sturdy plastic to avoid easy tear and popping of the bubbles while offering more cushioning
- Standard Bubble Roll – The medium strength of the plastic is a cost-effective solution in the packing of most items. This general bubble roll is the most commonly used type and popular with most consumers for packing and shipping
- Lower Grade Bubble Roll – Lower grade bubble roll does not offer the necessary cushioning necessary to act as a protective padding to absorb shocks during the transit. This limited bubble roll cushion, however, is protective enough to reduce the risk of the most superficial damages and scratches
- Anti-Static Bubble Roll – Since most electronic components are sensitive to static, the anti-static bubble roll offers the best protection against this risk as well as other damages associated with shifting of these items during the shipment. Use of the anti-static bubble roll is very common with the packing of cell phones, flat screen TV sets, and computers as well as small electronics and auto parts
- Food Grade Bubble Roll – Food or FDA grade bubble rolls are primarily used to protect items like fruits, eggs, and chocolate during the transportation.
- Thermal Controlled Bubble Roll – A perfect option for protecting the temperature sensitive goods. The foil bubble patches can be used for packing of fresh or frozen food items to avoid damages due to any temperature changes
Bubble Rolls Size Chart
The other factor in choosing the right bubble cushioning wrap is the size of the bubbles. This is important in providing adequate protective support in packing and transit.
Use the bubble cushioning wraps with smaller bubbles for the fragile and delicate items to avoid damages due to shocks. It is imperative to remember to wrap the bubble cushioning wraps with the flat side toward the items being packed. The following represents a list of the commonly available and standard bubble cushioning wraps in the market:
Small Bubble Rolls- Most commonly manufactured and used, perfect for packing and shipment of the lightweight to medium items. The small bubble cushioning wraps are made of 3/16” bubbles and primarily used in the wrapping of the fragile and delicate items such as glass or porcelain dishes and glassware. The additional protection is provided by adding other layers or the bubble roll
Medium Bubble Rolls – Similarly the medium bubble cushioning wraps are suitable for wrapping of the lightweight to medium items requiring more protection against scratches and breakage. The bubbles are 5/16” and offer more cushioning and support against breakage
Large Bubble Rolls – With the largest bubble size of one inch the large bubble cushioning wraps are mostly used in filling the voids in the moving boxes and containers to avoid shifting of items during transport